- The Fitzroy History Society is for anyone interested in the history of the Fitzroy area. You don’t have to live in the area to be a member of the Society.
- The Society conducts a lively program of events each year, including walks and talks. It also plays an active role in preserving Fitzroy’s heritage.
- Members receive a regular newsletter which advises of upcoming events, reports on recent activities, and includes stories about particular aspects of Fitzroy's History.
- To promote, encourage and undertake studies of the history of the suburbs of Fitzroy and North Fitzroy, and all matters directly or indirectly relating to it.
- To document, record, and publish findings for community interest.
- To promote the collection and compilation of authentic and accurate records relating to the history and cultural heritage of Fitzroy and North Fitzroy.
- To involve the community, disseminate information, and support the City of Yarra to make records accessible to members of the public.
We have 3 categories of membership
- Student member $10 per year.
- Individual member $20 per year.
- Family membership $30 per year.
All memberships fall for renewal on 1 August each year.
Membership application / renewal
There are 3 ways you can join or renew:
In person: Please pay at the AGM which is normally held in August.
Online: Please use the online form.
By post: Download the PDF membership form and send the completed form to us at P.O. Box 180, Fitzroy, 3065 together with your cheque.