The Fitzroy History Society caters for anyone interested in the history of the Fitzroy area. Anyone who is interested in joining is welcome. You don’t have to live in the area to be a member of the Society.
The Society conducts a lively program of events each year, including walks and talks. It also plays an active role in preserving Fitzroy’s heritage.
Members receive a regular newsletter which advises of upcoming events, reports on recent activities, and includes stories about particular aspects of Fitzroy’s History.
Our objectives are;
- To promote, encourage and undertake studies of the history of the suburbs of Fitzroy and North Fitzroy and all matters directly or indirectly relating to it.
- To document, record and publish findings for community interest.
- To promote the collection and compilation of authentic and accurate records relating to the history and cultural heritage of
- Fitzroy and North Fitzroy.
- To involve the community, disseminate information and support the City of Yarra to make records accessible to members of the public.
Membership costs just $10 per person per year. To make renewal easy, all memberships fall for renewal on 1 August each year (around the date of our AGM).
If you have any queries email us at email@example.com or write to us at PO Box 180, Fitzroy, 3065.
If you would like to join or renew your membership, there are 2 ways to pay:
1. In person at the AGM in August.
2. by cheque sent with a completed Membership Form (see link below) to the Society at P.O. Box 180, Fitzroy, 3065.
We look forward to having you as a member.
Please click HERE to view/print our membership form.